I finally had plans this past Saturday night! The first time since Chinese New Year! We had a staff party at a great restaurant. It was a goodbye party for the other teacher, Tom who is leaving our school. The restaurant was a super fancy all you can eat buffet and I saw the most unusual foods I have ever seen there! It was quite interesting. I could only work up the nerve, though to try the frog legs, which were pretty good! Most of the other stuff was seafood and I just am not a big fan of any seafood. The desserts were amazing though! It was interesting also because there was a wedding reception going on at the restaurant and it was also nice to hang out with my co-workers outside of school and get to know them better. What I learned the most though is how much my tiny, Taiwanese co-workers can eat!! It was appalling! :)
Later that night I went with Tom to a goodbye party for one of his teacher friends and so I got to meet several other foreign teachers. Some work for other Shane schools. It was interesting to meet some other westerners, but the only person I really hit it off with was the girl who is leaving! So, I don't know if I'll hang out with these people again. I'd kinda rather spend an evening alone in my apartment than with them! I've become quite the homebody and introvert.
So, since Tom is leaving we have a new teacher- an American guy who I am already not too excited about...as if I needed any more challenges! He uses really bad language, is really negative, lazy, and he has no idea what's he doing as far as teaching goes....I knew I would miss Tom a lot and after one day I already do! This new guys is going to get on my nerves; although he has already boosted my confidence because compared to him- I look really hard-working (which of course, I am! :)) and look like a really good teacher!
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment