Sunday, February 11, 2007

This week went by very fast and even though it was tough at times- like anxiously waiting for my diploma to arrive, breaking up with my boyfriend, hearing some hard news from my parents and having tons of exams to grade and then have to re-grade them all, because I did them wrong--there were still many blessings confirming that God is indeed taking care of me and is here with me despite the rough days.

Some blessings have been:
  • going to Grace Baptist Church in Taipei this morning- finding it without trouble and enjoying the Christian fellowship with mostly Filipinos again!
  • finally meeting up with Adrienne- my friend from Cedarville who is teaching in Taipei at Morrison Christian Academy. It was SO great to see her after so long and to get caught up and to just see a familiar face! It was such a blessing to see her.
  • figuring out my electric hotplate at last and enjoying several meals with it- spaghetti, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, and soup! Yay!
  • finding plums at the supermarket!
  • Finishing To Fly Again- by Gracia Burnham- I got it for Christmas and it was so timely to read that as I arrived here- it's been so encouraging.
  • E-mails and mail from friends and family that are always spirit-lifters!
  • Getting to see the professional photos from the wedding I was in in Decemeber- they turned out beautiful!
  • Not having to wash my clothes by hand as I used the washers and dryers I discovered in my building!
  • Getting my first paycheck- pretty small cuz I only taught 2 weeks in January, but still...exciting nonetheless.
  • Looking forward to Friday night at 9:30 when my Chinese New Year vacation starts- from Feb. 18-25! I am so excited for the break even though I've only been teaching a few weeks!

No comments: