Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Chinese New Year, anyone?

So Chinese New Year break has gone well- it's been incredibly fun to just relax and have no responsibilities. I haven't felt this free in a long time, actually I'm not sure I've EVER been this free. I've always had things I need to do, even during Christmas break I had stuff to work out for this job, so I wasn't completely stress free. So, this is nice. I've been catching up on emails, cleaning, laundry, sleeping and other little fun errands. I'm not letting myself go shopping because I am trying to just stick to the essentials right now until I make some money and I get too tempted when I go shopping. I've been cooking a lot which has been really fun and quite the adventure. I'm getting pretty good at this electric- hot- plate-cooking-with-only-a-saucepan-thing. Some of my recent adventures have included pancakes, stir-fry, Filipino chicken adobo, a hamburger, and tonight's green bean and beef casserole.

I thought being in a "Chinese" country for Chinese New Year would be pretty exciting...but I've been sorely disappointed...oh well. Maybe Taiwanese just aren't as into it as I thought they would be. I did hear and see a few fireworks...yay.

No comments: