Saturday, December 08, 2007

oh yeah

And an internet-repair man came this morning at the crack of dawn and fiddled around with some cords and my internet magically started being normal again! But, he wouldn't leave and I was super confused (he didn't speak a word of English). Then he left and came back and kept calling people on his phone and looking at all my outlets. Finally, after 45 min. he got an English speaker on the phone and she explained that the problem is in my wall! Something is blocking the cords inside the wall (like pinching the cord, I guess?), so she said that even though my internet is fixed for now, this will just happen again. So, I should tell me landlady. Grr. I have visions of them knocking out my walls and doing major repairs....so, I'm hoping the internet just works for 4 more months until I move out!

It's been a crazy week because on top of having basically no internet, I also had no water for 12 hours on two different days, and since I have to plan every single lesson I'm going to miss while I'm on vacation, I've been cranking out lessons like a machine all week in preparation for my absence. So, I guess it was a good week to not have internet since I had to stay so late at school every night planning anyway. Whew, I feel exhausted and just so ready for this vacation!! One week!!!!!

No comments: