I had my interview with Morrison Academy today. Unfortunately, today was also the day my alarm clock's batteries ran out. So, I overslept by an hour! But, I was planning to get to Taipei 30 minutes early anyway to just relax before it. Well, so I ran like the wind and got there only 10 minutes late...there went my hopes of appearing professional! Anyway, this interview was more of a personality/heart/social skills type interview. The next one will be a more academic one. So, there were some really tough questions, but not that many related to actual teaching. I had prepared all my answers to questions like "what are your strengths and weaknesses?" or "what didn't you like about teaching English?", but instead she asked some situational questions to "test" my worldview. "What would you do if a student...?" or "How would you integrate your faith into the subject of ecosystems?" So, those were a challenge, but I think I answered ok. Most of the time she was telling me just about Morrison and especially about the Kaohsiung campus because the Taipei campus only has one opening and my chances are slim. The Kaohsiung campus has 2 and my chances are better there. So, I have to decide now if I'd be willing to go there, since I originally told them I was only interested in Taipei. I am supposed to tell them by Christmas. The worst part of the interview was at the end- I was asking some questions about ESL and the curriculum and she told me that all that information was on the website if I just look around more carefully. So, I felt really dumb and it looked like I hadn't researched very well...oh well. Hopefully, overall I did ok. I'm not really sure. Then, I met up with a friend for lunch and some scootering around the area doing some errands, so that was fun.
Now, only a Christmas party at work stands in the way between me and my Christmas vacation!!!! :) My parents arrive tomorrow night! I've busy all week, cleaning up and stuff. I'm so excited!!! Less than 20 hours now! :)
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Katie,
I saw you for a split-second at MAB yesterday, and I'm glad you're reaching for God's will, and not just waiting for it to land on your head.
Be encouraged - may your "coeur" be soothed in this last run-up to Christmas.
Post a Comment