Sunday, December 09, 2007

Here we come a caroling...


Tonight after small group we went to dinner at a Middle Eastern restaurant called Sababa. It was sooo yummy. So full of flavor and rich. I think it was my first time to really have that kind of cuisine. I'll definitely be back there. Then after church some of us went caroling and that was so fun! We got such funny looks, laughter, and a lot of smiles. It was great. A lot of people seemed really happy to hear us and one foreign woman was interested in our church, so that was great! It was fun to spread the holiday cheer, even if they couldn't understand the message of the songs because of the language barrier.

Our Sunday sermon series this month is the advent- so focusing on love, peace, joy, and hope. Tonight was about peace. Our speaker really shed a new light on the passage of Jesus being presented in the temple and how Simeon and Anna were ecstatic that this was their Savior! The Messiah had come! It's so easy to forget what Christmas is all about...it's God reaching down, taking the initiative, offering a free and incredible gift to us. It's through this that we can have peace and a relationship with God almighty, our creator! It's so powerful, yet so easy to take for granted. I think every year, as I get older and old Christmas traditions get lost because of location and logistics...I realize more and more that while Christmas is a great time to think about family, that's not what it's all about, really. It's a celebration that God sent a Savior to bring us to Him!

Oh, and great news! I have an interview with Morrison on Friday! I've been so out of the education circle now for a year, I'm afraid I'm going to forget all the key teacher lingo and stuff and sound really pathetic! Pray for me! This is very exciting, but very scary too!

No comments: