I've noticed that many Taiwanese do not really understand that "merry" and "Christmas" can be separated! It makes me laugh. But, while it's funny that they don't understand this, it is sad that they don't understand the meaning of Christmas. It's just a commercialized holiday here with no meaning, just fun. Pray that this holiday season, many would find out the meaning of Christmas and hear about Jesus Christ.
Luke 2:10-11
But the angel reassured them. "Don't be afraid!" he said. "I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior- yes, the Messiah, the Lord- has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!
1 Peter 3:18a
Christ died for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring us safely home to God.
I wrote these verses (NLT version) on my Christmas cards this year because they really stood out to me this year. Together they really show why we celebrate Christmas and why the angels proclaimed Jesus' birth as "good news!" It is good news indeed that God sent a Savior to bring us to Him and take the punishment we deserve. Because of this we can have a relationship with our Creator! What awesome news! Through this we can know the what true peace, joy, and hope is. That's what Christmas is all about. As the well-known carol, "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!" proclaims, "God and sinners reconciled!" I just noticed that line this year. That sums up the whole reason we can celebrate this great holiday!
My parents are landing in a couple of hours! I'm so excited, I'm going to burst! I'll be pretty occupied with them, so I'll take a merry Christmas break from blogging for a couple of weeks!
Have a wonderful, meaningful, and merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment