Saturday, March 17, 2007

Frightening and Frustrating

I had my inital apprasial last night which is the term for the observation by the head office staff after each teacher's first 2 months. I was dreading it all week and am definitely glad it's over. I'm not sure how well it went...the particular class that was chosen to be observed is not my best class. It's the largest, youngest, and lowest level I teach and they were especially rowdy last night. It was so scary having my head boss watching me and I was so frustrated with my students for acting up so much. I'll find out if I "passed" next week. I'm so afraid of what he will say. On Monday night I have a big "pow wow" with my local boss in which we'll discuss how I'm doing and ways to improve. I'm a little nervous about that too.

Today I watched an episode of 5 Takes which I was really excited is on here because I really like the show. I would loooove to be on this show someday; it sounds like the perfect job! Anyway, I watched the episode where they visit Taipei and while it was really interesting to see where they went and what they did...it also made me irritated because they make it look so easy to go around and do these touristy things. The reality is that I'm finding it quite hard...It's hard to get around without reading or speaking Chinese...especially with buses. I wish I could do more...but it's hard to know the best way to get places. I need someone to show me. I think I'd be more willing to explore if I could do it with someone else. It's not as much fun to explore/get lost by yourself. Money is also a bit of a constraint right now too...so maybe I can explore more later?

No comments: