Friday, December 01, 2006

Zai jian 2nd grade!

This was my last day of student teaching. What a day of mixed feelings- oh my!
My class threw me a surprise good-bye party that made me want to cry; it was so touching. I thought the students were at recess and another teacher had me get some supplies from the supply room and when I walked into the room---all my kids were in there and suprised me with confetti and gifts! It was the best surprise! Then we had a party with cake that one of my students made that said "We'll miss you Miss Cole" on it, popcorn, cookies, and Korean snacks that the students all brought in. I opened my presents, we took some pictures, and then all my students gathered around me and pr*yed for me. It was so sweet. It was hard to hold back the tears. They also made a book for me of letters and pictures. It was all so special and precious. Pictures will come later...
I will miss these kids so much. It makes me sad. But, I also feel a huge sense of relief and accomplishment that I have successfully completed my student teaching. I guess I'm pretty much done with college then, huh? Weird feeling. I guess I'm a real teacher...well, I'll save that until I actually have that diploma and certification in my hands! But for now: Zai jian TIS 2nd grade Blue!

No comments: