Friday, December 01, 2006

Glory to God in the Highest!

Wow, so much has happened recently...I don't even know where to start...

Well, on Tuesday night I went to a performance by a Korean choir and Chinese orchestra of Handel's The Messiah!! This blows my mind. Think about what country I am in...and the message of The Messiah- this is HUGE that this was even allowed to be performed here! Of course, the gov't did try to subdue it by moving it from being in a recital hall that holds 2,000 to one that just holds 800...but guess what? Much more than 800 people showed up!! It was so packed. Every inch of the room was occupied- all the aisles. It was crazy, but awesome. The performance was absolutely beautiful. The message was so clear (though only if the Chinese there knew English). It was such an awesome opportunity to see this in China and it was a great start to the Christmas season.

No comments: