So, this week has been incredibly overwhelming even though I was finished teaching and just observed other classes this week. This was due to the fact that I have to make a decision about my future as far as next semester really soon. I just found out about another option that would be teaching English in Beijing for 6 months. This sounds like a really good option because of the short time commitment, but I don't know much about it yet and the pay is not very high. I've been accepted to teach with an organization in Taiwan if I want it. It's a year commitment, but the pay is very good. Additionally, the school here would love to have me come back next semester IF they can get around some legal issues of me working here without having the required 5 years of experience. The position would be a little odd though- sorta a half permanent sub/secretary/random things that need to be done kind of thing, which I am not so sure about.
I've weighed the pro's and con's of each position and still have no idea which job to take or where the L*rd is leading. All sound good and would give me more experience as well as allow me to stay in "China."
I've already completed the interviews for the Taiwan and Tianjin options and will have an interview in Beijing on Monday.
Therefore, I am leaving Tianjin on Sunday afternoon to go to Beijing and will stay there until I fly out on Monday, Dec. 11th. So, basically tomorrow is my last day here in Tianjin...
Please pr*y for me as I make this decision about next semester/year... I just want to follow the L*rd's leading, but I am confused still about what that is.
Friday, December 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment