
So, I was the "Person of the Week" this week in my class and the students all wrote a letter to me- it was great fun reading those! One kid asked if I spank children! :) It was so funny. This week was really busy as I've been preparing lessons and unit plans for the units I will be covering during student teaching. I will be doing a huge unit spanning language arts and social studies on the 6 continents (because who cares about Antarctica anyway :) ). We will cover a continent a week. It is such a huge topic and there is so much that can be done with that! I'm excited about it because it is something I'm VERY interested in and because there is so much freedom to go in so many different directions with it. Plus, studying different cultures should be fun in a classroom of several different cultures! I've been reading up on different countries and finding activities that would be fun to try with this class. It is a lot of work planning it all out, but I love it! I got to teach two math lessons this week, which was really fun and they went really well. I'm looking forward to teaching math all next week along with two science lessons. I think I finally got back into "teacher mode" and it's a good thing too since I'm "Miss Cole" again!
No comments:
Post a Comment