I've been hearing a bit about the different ways teachers here work for the Father and the different opportunities they have had. It's been exciting hearing their stories and just the different ways they have been used for a greater purpose. Also, just hearing the other teachers' stories of how they came to be at this school has been so encouraging! The Father works in such awesome ways. But, it was pointed out to me that trying to work for eternity among the Chinese may be difficult for me at this stage because I don't know any of the language and I will be really engaged with student teaching....which made me disappointed because I want so badly to do more...but I have come to realize that my primary work here for eternity is in the lives of my students. I will be with them all day long and I can freely communicate with them! While it may not be as "exciting" as some of the other work I have heard about, this is what I came here to do and it is where the Father can use me.
So...my work for eternity...is with Jeff, Sally, Noella, Linda, Josh, Emma, Zach, Hiro, Ha Lin, Grace, Isabel, and Caleb.
These of course are their English names as 7 of them are Korean. 5 are American, though just 2 are Caucasian. I am not sure, but I think 6 are Mks. 5 are staff kids. 7 girls and 5 boys. 3 are in ESL class for part of the day. All are taking Chinese class as all students at the school are required to do.
So, that is the class profile, I guess and who I will be spending my days with, hopefully impacting for eternity. 2 of the students are not allowed by their parents to be "part of the family". Their parents told them they could not since they are such staunch Buddists. Lift them up especially.
Oh, and for future reference: Rochelle (graduated in '04) is my cooperating teacher, Blair (graduated in '03 from CU) is my supervising teacher, and Bobbie is the 50+ year old lady I live with.
So, that's that.
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment