Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Independence!

So, yesterday I had a little adventure in being more independent which was quite fun. I hadn't been to the local grocery store yet, so I had Bobbie walk me there, but then leave me on my own to shop and get back to the apartment by myself. She was going somewhere else anyway, so it worked out and forced me to do a little more on my own. Anyway, so I just shopped around for a bit looking at all the products available and how the store is set up for future reference. It was a lot of fun looking at the products, even though I couldn't read most of them. Some products were familiar because we had them in the Philippines! That was fun to see (White Rabbit, Mirinda, pineapple Tang, Oishi prawn chips, and M&M's and Skittles in those tiny triangular packets for those of you who know). They also have quite the assortment of flavors of Pringles and Lays potato chips! It is so funny- some that especially stood out were cherry tomato flavor, French chicken flavor, Thai leaf flavor, Sizzle BBQ flavor, Ketchup Pork flavor, Texas BBQ, and Smokey BBQ. I will have to try a few of them. They don't have cheese flavor though! It's really funny seeing the huge shelf of different flavors! I was a little nervous to check out in case they tried to talk to me and I wouldn't be able to understand, but it turned out ok. It was a fun experience and very enlightening!

No comments: