Sunday, September 30, 2007

BBQ



I forgot to mention the BBQ I went to last Tuesday for Moon Festival. It was a lot fun, mostly prepping for it. We BBQ-ed skewers of beef, peppers, mushrooms, and onions on the roof of someone's apartment buildin. It was yummy, but a slow process. It was fun to just be at a party and get to hang out with friends for a longer time than just after church or at small group. It felt fun to be doing the traditional Taiwanese thing of having a BBQ under the moon too! On the way home, I saw some local families squatting, doing their BBQ on the sidewalk in front of their house or store. It was funny. I also saw a kid with a pomelo rind on his head which is also a funny Moon Festival tradition. It's for good luck, I think.

Some pictures

No comments: