Sunday, September 23, 2007

Simple Joys

Sometimes the simplest things can make one so happy. Today it was:
  • finding red grapes at the supermarket and enjoying each bite of the delicious sweetness I haven't tasted in over a year!
  • trying a Taiwanese specialty called luo wai? I think. You take a plastic basket and go to a buffet line and put whatever you want (veggies, tofu, meats, bamboo, pig ear, seafood) in your basket, then take it to another area and they fry it up for you with special sauces and noodles. Kind of a cross between Mongolian BBQ and hot pot, I guess, but it's all out on the street. I've wanted to try it for awhile, but wasn't sure how to do it. It's semi-tasty.
  • having a wonderful Sunday with a great Biblestudy time, worship service, and fun times with friends after church. There's a girl in our Biblestudy who is a new believer and has so many questions and has been misled by JW's, so is a little confused. It was a great joy to help her through some questions and issues and show her clear answers in God's Word.
  • this also made my day: a super jumbo giant sphere mango! Yes, that potato is normal size.

  • rolling on the floor laughing which I haven't done since Christmas with my hilarious family. The cause of this uncontrollable laughter was a little website called I Can Has Cheezburger? So great.
  • finally winning/finishing? solitaire on my iPod! I've been trying for months and can never win and tonight I did! hahahaha. Made my day!
  • tomorrow is a holiday and though I kinda wanted to do something with friends, I also wanted a day to just totally relax and rest and since our plans fell through I can do just that. I'm so excited to sleep as late as I want to!
  • and last thing- a live rabbit in 7-Eleven!! I'll explain it in my next post...about Moon Festival. Can you believe it? A rabbit just sitting on the checkout counter in a convenience store!? It's not a customer's pet- it's 7-Eleven's! So funny!

sorry the video is so shaky, I was trying to zoom out to show the store, but it wasn't working out.

1 comment:

Nic and Melanie said...

katie! :) sounds like you're having a good week. the rabbit is hilarious. i love it! :)