Yesterday on my day off I went up to Taipei a little earlier than usual for Biblestudy and went in search of IKEA. I had tried to find IKEA a couple of months ago and failed, so I wanted to give it another go. This time I was victorious! I found it tucked away in the basement of a mall...completely hidden! Anyway, I had a wonderful time browsing the store and feeling like I was in American again, despite the Swedish flags and Chinese everywhere. The products themselves are what reminded me of Target or Wal-mart- it was so great. I wish I'd gone to IKEA back when I was setting up my apartment...but I didn't have the money then anyway. So, I went there looking for frames for these two really cool pictures I bought in Bangkok and for a simple tv tray kind of stand/table for my computer. I didn't find either of those things and instead found something much better for my computer: a lap pillow with a hard surface on one side to put your laptop. It's EXACTLY what I really wanted, but was going for the tv tray idea since I never thought I'd find one of those lap pillows here! I was so excited. So, I got that and a couple of candles. I didn't really need anything else and successfully avoided the temptation.
Then, after leaving, I saw that TGI Friday's was nearby and Outback Steakhouse! Wow. The thought of a Friday's burger was just too much to bear, so I gave in to that temptation and enjoyed a delicious, juicy, all-American burger.....mmmmmm, it was soooo goooood. I haven't had one since last October in China when I was also desperate for one! It was the best meal I've had in weeks. It was a little odd to be at Friday's alone...but I got over it. Even though the waiters were all looking at me with pity. . . I knew I was on my way to seeing friends at Biblestudy in a little while anyway. Which, by the way was also really fun and encouraging as always. We were there for 3 hours discussing Philippians 1 and just life!
So, it was a very successful, fun, encouraging, and very deliciously satisfying day.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment