Monday, July 16, 2007

Another reminder

I'd already been thinking about the 2004 Tsunami quite a bit having just visited Khao Lak, Thailand with my parents, then I was looking at other pictures I got from my Dad from just a month or so after the disaster, and at Kraig's pictures from his visit in summer '05, and also pictures from the CU MIS's team's visit down south....and then tonight I got another heart-breaking reminder. HBO here showed the British-made movie about the aftermath of the tsunami, appropriately titled: Tsunami: The Aftermath. It was so weird to see places that I was just at in a movie- like the Phuket airport, the skytrain in Bangkok, and the police boat in Phang Nga. Unfortunately, HBO only showed the first half of it and I don't know when the second half is...but it's a really moving and heart-breaking movie, that just makes you want to cry and cry. I wish I had a more positive way to end this post....but I don't...except for this sign from Romphrakhun Baptist Center which is trying to share the hope of Jesus Christ to those affected by the tragedy 2 and 1/2 years ago.

P.S. the picture of the lone resort was taken by Kraig 6 months after the tsunami. The rest are mine from just a couple weeks ago.

No comments: