Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Stats

  • Number of students I have currently (changes often): 92
  • Number of kids classes I teach: 8
  • Number of adult classes I teach: 3
  • Number of private students I teach: 4 men
  • Number of co-workers: 1 foreign teacher, 10 teachers aides, 2 bosses, 1 manager
  • Average number of students per class: 10
  • Smallest class: 4 students
  • Largest class: 18 students
  • Number of hours I teach: 33.5
  • Number of siblings in the same class: 6 sets of two, divided into 4 classes (2 classes have 2 sets of siblings in them)
  • Number of students I have between ages 8-9 (just guesses): 9 students
  • Number of studetns between ages 10-11: 37
  • Number of students between ages 12-13: 18
  • Number of students between ages 14-19: 4
  • Number of students between ages 20-30: 8
  • Number of studetns between ages 30-40: 5
  • Number of students between ages 40-50: 3
  • Number of students between ages 60-80: 1 (74 years old!)
  • Most common names: Lisa, Angel, and Andy (I have 3 of each)
  • Second most common names: Jerry, Harry, Angela, Ray, Nini, Annie, and Ian (2 of each)
  • Funniest/most unusual names: a boy named Joy, a woman named Juby and two men named Hans and Rodman.
  • Top 5 most common English errors in my classes: 1. adding the in front of languages and country names and sometimes people's names too (i.e. the Spanish, the Korea, the John) 2. adding -uh to the end of words (i.e. book-uh, Eric-uh) 3. adding -uh to the middle of words randomly (i.e. quick-uh-ly) 4. prounouncing the -ed ending as ED (i.e. He lookED down) 5. prounouncing the letter "L" as elo, not el (i.e. I went to Elo A., California (L.A.).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
You love statistics just like your dad and me! You certainly do have a very interesting job!
Praying oodles.

Love you,
MOM

Anonymous said...

katie!! keep the updates coming! :) i'm praying for you and that you will do well!! i miss you. I"m home now in Bermuda... it's been good but sad too. :( oh well! love ya girl!