Friday, August 08, 2008

Olympics

It's 8-8-08, so that means....the Olympics start today!! I am so excited even though no one else seems to be! To me the Olympics are what March Madness, Super Bowl, NBA Finals, (and whatever the baseball equivalent is) are to other people. But mine only comes every 4 years, so it's even more exciting. I just think all the countries coming together in one place is just really beautiful and just plain cool, even if they are competing against one another. It's not because I lived in China that I'm excited since I didn't even see any Olympic venues and I don't even like the country (I did see plenty of merchandise though and that was almost 2 years before). I just think the Olympics are so interesting and are such a phenomenon in and of themselves. But...I guess that's just me since I have yet to meet one person as excited as I am. haha.

Someone asked me during the last Olympics who I cheer for (since they knew I wasn't very patriotic). It's a good question and I think it has changed a little because my level of patriotism has fluctuated quite a bit in the past 2 years. But, I guess if all these countries were competing in the same event my choices would be: #1 Philippines, #2 Thailand, #3 Taiwan, #4 USA (but mostly because America wins a lot and I like to cheer for the underdogs). Philippines always trumps all, but Thailand and Taiwan are hard to choose between, actually. But if it's other countries and the USA, I would cheer for the US. :)

No comments: