I don't know if it counts as a miracle, but the big news is that I got a job! I actually got it a week ago and completely forgot to update my blog until now. It just blows my mind that I was in such despair in my last post and then BOOM! God answers my pleas! Actually, writing my last 2 posts and spending some time with God really helped change my attitude and I felt excited about whatever God had in store for me next. And then, I interviewed with Worthington Christian Schools and got a job offer. I'll be a preschool teacher in their new Early Childhood Center, teaching 3 year olds! School starts the 20th and orientation and stuff starts on Thursday, so it's happening quick, as I figured it probably would (if it happened at all). So, I spent this week looking at apartments near the school since I will have to move at the end of this month. Hopefully soon I can meet with the other preschool teachers, look at the curriculum and try to figure out what in the world I'm doing! I'm really nervous because I've never taught this age before and am so used to kids who can at least write their names! This will be quite the adventure. My only experience with preschool has been 4 and 5 year olds VBS and Sunday School and my interactions with 3 year olds has been pretty limited to my cousins' kids and a few other random kids.
But, I am extremely excited about this and just very, very relieved to have a job and to know I will be making enough to live on and hopefully have some to save as well. This school was actually my first choice school all along, but I just never expected to be in the preschool department. The school is very good and well-known, loves Cedarville grads, and seems to have a strong sense of community. It's connected to the Grace Brethren Church. It's in the more wealthy part of Columbus which the way things worked out is kinda funny to me. So, my days as a blue-collar worker are winding down (3 days left!) and I'm about to start another adventure.
Friday, August 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment