- Well, I am sick again. Just in time to go to Korea for my Chinese New Year vacation. Great. I've been teetering on the edge of sickness for 3 weeks. I've had a really mild, but pesky cough for that whole time too. I haven't been sleeping very well these past couple of weeks either. I think the combination of my cough, the cold weather and my inconsistent sleeping schedule make sleeping difficult. So, today I slept for pretty much the whole day! It was really, really wonderful!
- It's incredibly cold here and it's been raining for 2 straight weeks. It's so dreary! I know it's much warmer here than where most of my readers are...but we don't have heat indoors here, so even though it's just 50's and 60's...it's that temperature indoors too and you just can't seem to ever get warm. I find myself curled up all evening under blankets and the other day I heated up some food in the microwave and then held it on my feet to warm them up! It's just so cold.
- I've had minor panic attacks the past two nights because I've just barely made the last bus home from Taipei! Some very close calls and the difference of paying $2 for the bus or $20 for a taxi! On Saturday night I went out to dinner with a bunch of people to celebrate a couple of birthdays. Then we went to do KTV (Karaoke), which was my first time in Taiwan. I was so happy to do it because it's such a Taiwan thing-- doing KTV, so I didn't want to leave Taiwan without ever having done it. It was so much fun! I think we sang for about 2 hours. I want to do it again. It was much like karaoke in the Philippines, but a little fancier and a lot more expensive. Last night I nearly missed my bus cuz I went to someone's house after church to watch The Office with them.
- I watched 54 episodes (38 hours) of Prison Break in 12 days...crazy, I know. Pathetic? For sure. I was catching up on 2 1/2 seasons worth and the show is so addicting, I couldn't stop. I just wanted to keep watching and watching and I could! That is until I got to the last episode they've made. Silly writer's strike! It's still the best show I think I've ever seen.
- I wrote Morrison this week to ask about the status of my application/employment. They wrote back and said I would hear around the second week of March! Ahhh, I'm going to go insane with anticipation. And so I just couldn't resist...I started packing already! hahaaha! I'll be sending several boxes of books and things by sea in the next few weeks.
- Work gets harder with each week I get closer to my departure. I can hardly handle it. I've begun an even more specific countdown now- how many more times I have to teach each class...assuming the new teacher does arrive on time. It's 6 more times for most of the classes, but some private students I will only have to teach 3 more times since they come just once a week. I'm so anxious to be done. My hours have been cut down again, which is nice in the sense that I have to deal with work even less, but I'm also barely making any money at this point. It's ok, I'm just ready to leave!! I did substitute last week on my day off at another school to get some more money. The most interesting part of that was teaching in slippers as everyone takes their shoes off at the door at this school and the 40 min. scooter ride home in the rain I got from one of the employees. It was long and frigid!
- Now I'm off to Korea for 5 days! Yay!
KTV- Alan and Kyle (the birthday boys), PJ and Lauren, and Doug and Abe
No comments:
Post a Comment