Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Costco and Enchanted

Last Monday I finally got to go to Costco here! I've been trying all year, but haven't been successful because of my schedule or the schedules of people I know who have memberships. I have gotten an order in once with people going there. But finally it worked out to go! On Monday, I hung out with 3 friends from church and we had lunch and then went to see Enchanted at a famous mall here called Miramar. The movie was really fun and cute and had me singing, "I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss..." all day. :) Then we headed to Costco. It was an exciting and overwhelming experience seeing all that American goodness right here all this time and I never knew! They basically have everything you could want! Sort of...:) I didn't buy a whole lot seeing as I'm going to the real deal, the motherland in less than 2 months now. But, I couldn't resist some more Tostitos, some Ruffles, Cheez-It's, and my favorite purchase: a 5 lb. bag of shredded cheddar cheese (it is a wholesale warehouse club store afterall). I have no idea if I'll be able to use all 5 lbs. of it before I leave, but I'm not worried. It was quite exciting to find. I've missed cheese so much this year. Then we finished the fun day with some genuine American hotdogs. It was all good fun and a great way to spend the last day of Chinese New Year break. It was back to work today which was really hard, but it went ok. Just 3 more weeks, hopefully and I'll be done! Whoo hoo! Please pray that this new teacher actually does arrive on Feb. 21st...a lot depends on it, including my sanity.


Catch of the day! Cheese!

I love my chips!

No comments: