I had quite the weekend, well more interesting than normal. On Saturday night a bunch of girls from church got together to have a surprise sleepover for our friend Joyce to make up for not having a bridal party for her last summer. Most people were gone during the summer when she got married, so she didn't get a church family bridal party. She was very surprised. It was so much fun. There were about 13 girls and we had a lot of fun just talking, playing Dutch Blitz, eating junk food, making 'smores, and watching chick flicks. The funnest part was teaching the Taiwanese girls how to play Dutch Blitz. It was hilarious. It was a fun sleepover and a good chance to get to know some of the girls better and get caught up with others. It reminded me of the many sleepovers I went to in high school and middle school. I didn't get much sleep on Friday night and then didn't sleep well on Saturday night either, so I was exhausted on Sunday. Since, the sleepover ended before noon on Sunday and I had Bible study at 3, I just stayed in Taipei and used that time to go shopping! I went to find a small Christmas tree and decorations at a certain store, then went to the import grocery store to pick up some stuffing mix to enjoy on Thanksgiving. It was kind of ambitious to try to do all this in 3 hours, so it wasn't as fun as I was hoping as I was rushing around so much. But, I did find the cutest, tiniest Charlie Brown-eque Christmas tree and a few decorations. I also found decent Christmas cards too. I can't wait until Saturday when I'm going to decorate and start playing Christmas music. :) Thanksgiving will be kinda a bummer this year as I have to work of course, but I will enjoy my instant mashed potatoes and stuffing mix by myself. It's ok cuz I know I will be with family for Christmas and that is more important to me.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment