Monday, October 15, 2007

Miscellaneous

-Last Wednesday was a rather unexciting holiday lacking the fanfare of America's birthday celebrations. Oh well. I went to Taipei to the church work day. We painted 4 rooms of our church's new office space.

-last weekend I finally successfully rented 2 good movies. It took 7 attempts to finally score some winners. Every other rental has been extremely disappointing. But Blood Diamond and Freedom Writers were actually worth the money.

-When I went to bed last Monday night it was still summer. When I woke up on Tuesday it had turned to fall overnight! It's now a little chilly out, especially at night. The days are really comfortable. I may be able to stop using my air-conditioner soon! Yay!...but wait, I don't like cold weather...but I'm ready for my electricity bill to be cut in half!

-Last week in my adult class we talked about slogans and so they had to come up with slogans for already existing companies and then also make up their own company and slogan. It was quite humorous. Here are their ideas (no editing, obviously):
  1. Honda- "Let your family can go out together"
  2. Puma- "It feels like wearing no shoes when have it on"
  3. Levi's- "Put on particularity"
  4. Teco Air-conditioners- "Your best friend and it let you be cool in summer"
  5. Dropool cellphones- "The best choice"
  6. Alex Scooters- "To save money and moving quickly"
-Tonight the workbook mentioned Jell-O which they had never heard of, so I enlightened them about the delectable goodness that is Jell-O. I wish I'd anticipated that they wouldn't know what it is and I could've have brought in some since I actually have some already made at home!

-On Friday I met with my manager to discuss my contract for next year since that's the protocol after 9 months. I told her that I will not work past March 31st. New teachers from the head office arrive in February though, so instead of risking having to work into April, I told her if the new teacher arrives on time, I'd be willing to leave earlier...but not later. So, I may be headed back to the US earlier than I thought!

-70 days 'til Christmas!

-I hate that I'm not seeing this. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the slogans.
kraig