Monday, June 11, 2007

Random

I had an absolutely wonderful Sunday and met some great people after church! It was so much fun and so great to get to know some more people from church! Especially after saying farewell to my only other friends who all left for the summer back home. last week. I feel like I made some new friends! And I might actually have something exciting to do on Saturday night (besides my usual working out, cleaning, cooking, and grocery shopping and Skyping my parents :)). Perhaps!

In 2 weeks I will be in Bangkok with my parents!! I am so excited!! I've been looking forward to this since January and now it's almost here! I will be in Thailand for 10 days! It is a very very much needed break and is the extent of my summer vacation, so I'm pretty excited!! I'm just already dreading it being over and having to come back to work for 6 months until my next break. :( I'm trying not to think of that!

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I'm sooo nervous.

I taught one of my adult classes some Spanish words at their request! hahahaha. It was so funny. They loved it. I agree: Spanish is a lot more exciting than English!

I just found out tonight my favorite teacher's aide at school is leaving at the end of June...I'm so disappointed.

I finished reading Persuasion by Jane Austen recently- I hadn't read a "girly" book like that since highschool! It was fun. I'm reading a really different book now: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez which is not only a nobel prize winner but it's also on Oprah's book club list! hahhahaa. Wowee. Big stuff.

One of my adult private lesson students told me recently when we were discussing my life options that I should be a missionary in China. I never told him anything about that- he just completely came up with it on his own. It was soooo eerie. I am still kinda freaked out about it.

I finally saw The Pursuit of Happyness tonight! I've been anxiously awaiting it's release on DVD here since February! It was really good. I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how sweet!!!
trust me, it's been a hard time deciding to stay or not, for my friendly co-workers and ce11g!

Anonymous said...

oh and,, the pursuit of happyness! i've watched that this winner school break, downloaded though. and i agree! a highly recommandation!